Monday, August 31, 2015

R.I.P Rufus

Rufus (aka ARR Suppa Duppa Rufus Doofus), the canine love of my life and a singular Rhodesian Ridgeback, passed away on Friday, August 28, 2015 from Lymphoma. He was nine and a half years old. Over the years, many commented that he was an old soul, and I certainly feel a void in mine now that he is gone.

Below is a post I saw on a Ridgeback group, adapted for the canine love of my life.

Today's the day you get steak.
Today's the day I'd let you sleep on our bed.
Today's the day you can have whatever you want, because I love you more than you could possibly know.
Today's the day that I'm happy I picked you from the litter, above the others.
Today's the day that I'm grateful for 9 wonderful years, all the adventures, all the memories.
Today's the day I will bury my nose in your fur and try to remember your smell.
Today's the day I will remember, with a broken heart, as the day we said goodbye for the last time.
Today's the day I hoped would never come.
Today's the day, my sweet, sweet boy.

R.I.P. Rufus 
December 5, 2005 - August 28, 2015

 







No comments: